2020 has been a year like no other, filled with unforeseen challenges and huge adaptations to the way we live and work. However, despite this, as we reflect on the last 12 months, we are overwhelmed by the triumphs of our team here at PiLON:
- We have welcomed several new staff members to our ever-growing team across a variety of departments.
- We established and implemented the PiLON Mental Health Initiative, which included mental health first aid training, the launch of our support website, mood boards in our offices, the signing of mental health charters, holding mental health discussions – including a presentation from CIH President Aileen Evans, introduced posters on all our sites and offices detailing our “It’s OK not to be OK” campaign with QR codes directing the user straight to support resources and so much more.
- We adapted quickly to the unforeseen challenges imposed by the pandemic, including the creation of our COVID-19 SSOW video starring our SHEQ Manager Sid Clark. These videos were used to reassure both our clients and residents of our safe working practices.
- We kept in touch weekly, throughout the lockdown, hosting business updates, quizzes, Bingo, and even workout sessions with our colleagues.
- We maintained and built on client relationships through regular zoom calls.
- We committed to continuing staff development and training including CITB, CIPD and NVQ approved courses.
- We nurtured and drove the expansion of our Electrical Division which this year has seen both incredible growth and highly successful delivery on targets.
- We have reaped the benefits of the incredible advancements our in-house IT department has created, including all our PiLON apps such as the Electrical app, Fire Stop app, H&S Audit app, Customer portal, and much more.
- And finally, although it may seem like long ago, we even managed some face-to-face fun at the beginning of the year, including attending the NHMF Conference in January and the team building event with our longstanding client Optivo in February.
While we are all looking forward to what will hopefully be a bit more of a ‘normal’ year in 2021, we are proud of our achievements this year and look forward to what the future has in store for PiLON Ltd.