The ideal candidate has vast experience in delivering Repairs/Disrepairs works in social housing properties., excellent communication skills, knowledge of the Microsoft Office package and common sense.
Salary range: £40,000 – £42,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Main Objectives of the role:
- Supervise, motivate and manage all site-based operatives, overseeing all aspects of their work, including carrying out safety inductions; toolbox talks; controlling the quality of work; ensuring method statement and order fulfilment; cleanliness & tidiness; the use of tools, waste reduction; use of personal protection equipment/wear.
- The Site Manager will work collaboratively as part of the site team to deliver the required services according to the contract requirements.
- To ensure that the residents experience a class-leading experience of PiLON to the point where they will recommend our services.
Skills and qualifications required for a Site Manager:
- 2 years of experience in delivering Repairs/Disrepairs works in social housing properties
- Construction Skills Certificate Card [CSCS]
- Site Manager Safety Training Scheme [SMSTS]
- First Aid qualification
- Full, clean UK driving license and access to own vehicle
- Timekeeping and reliability
- Prioritisation skills and flexibility are required to meet commitments and deadlines
- Organised and excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme [SSSTS]
- Asbestos Awareness Training
- Health & Safety Awareness
Why works with us? Here are some of the brilliant benefits you could get:
- 31 days of holiday per year, including Bank Holidays
- Very generous colleagues’ referral scheme – £1,000 reward for successful recommendations
- Lots of supermarkets, restaurants, cinemas and retail discounts through our Perkbox benefits app and many more…
- A range of travel and transport benefits, including business mileage reimbursement, fuel card and/ or car allowance
- Personal and professional development training opportunities
- Uniform and PPE
PiLON is an award-winning, multi-trade contractor providing planned maintenance and refurbishment of buildings for the social housing sector across London, Southeast, and the Midlands. We collaborate with our clients to deliver high-quality living, working, and learning environments.
At PiLON, we always put people first, our culture is cascaded from the leadership team through to our colleagues and, of course, to the communities we work with. PiLON believes the company’s success is closely linked to our people’s personal and professional development.
As an equal opportunity employer, working inclusively across the organisation, we believe that our different abilities and backgrounds make us stronger, so please don’t hesitate to apply.