Salary range: £150 – £180 per day
Contract type: Self-employment contract
PiLON is an award-winning, multi-trade contractor, providing planned maintenance and refurbishments to buildings in the social housing sector across London, the Southeast, and the Midlands. We collaborate with our clients to deliver high-quality living, working, and learning environments.
Always striving to provide the best partnering solution for our customers, we recognise that it is the people in our business who make it all happen. We are committed to developing colleagues and enhancing their experience so they can thrive, collaborate, feel valued and show agility in delivering our commercial plan.
We are looking for hard-working, reliable and experienced skilled trades for our Fire Safety projects.
Passive fire stoppers should have:
- Experience in fire stopping penetration seals/ fire curtains/ cavity barriers/ fire-rated partitions/ drylining
- NVQ2 in fire stopping
- FIRAS accreditation for passive fire stopping
Fire doors installers with:
- Carpentry background
- Experience in fire doors installations
- NVQ in fire doors installation
- FIRAS accreditation for fire doors installation (desirable but not essential – can be provided in house)
- Experience in passive fire stopping
- Must have carpentry and drylining skills (ability to erect plasterboard partitions and overhauls fire doors
- Be able to tape, joint and decorate partitions
Why work with us? Here are some of the brilliant benefits you could get:
- Multiple long-term projects, which guarantees continuity of work
- Prompt payments and very competitive rates
- Professional development training opportunities
- PPE – gloves, high visibility vests and face masks
Main Objectives of the role:
- Work collaboratively as part of the site team to deliver the required services in line with the contract requirements following company policy and procedures.
- To ensure that the residents experience a class-leading experience of PiLON to the point where they will recommend our services.
Skills required (however, support can be provided with the required certification):
- Full, clean UK driving licence
- Problem-solving skills, to allow you to deal with complaints and challenges in a calm and professional manner
- Timekeeping and reliability
- Prioritisation skills and flexibility required to meet commitments and deadlines
- Valid CSCS (Construction Skills Certiﬁcation Scheme)
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK
- Asbestos Awareness Training
- Tools – 110v or battery operated
As an equal opportunity employer, working inclusively across the organisation, we believe that our different abilities and backgrounds make us stronger so please do not hesitate to apply.