Salary range: £30,000 – £36,000 gross per annum dependent on experience
Contract type: Permanent, full-time role
PiLON is an award-winning, multi-trade contractor, providing planned maintenance and refurbishment of buildings for the social housing sector across London, Southeast, and Midlands. We collaborate with our clients to deliver high-quality living, working, and learning environments.
Always striving to provide the best partnering solution for our customers, we recognise that it is the people in our business who make it all happen. We are committed to developing colleagues and enhancing their experience so they can thrive, collaborate, feel valued and show agility in delivering our commercial plan.
We are looking for a hard-working, reliable Electrical Supervisor, with the ideal candidate having experience of testing domestic properties and who would have progressed into the supervisory role.
Why work with us? Here are some of the brilliant benefits you could get:
- 31 days of holiday per year, including Bank Holidays
- Very generous colleagues’ referral scheme – we reward you £1,000 for getting your friends to work with us (T&Cs apply)
- Lots of supermarket, restaurants, cinema and retail discounts through our Perkbox benefits app
- A range of travel and transport benefits including business mileage reimbursement, fuel card and/ or car allowance
- We work hard and play hard too, which is why we have team building events and meals which we’d be delighted for you to join us at
- Personal and professional development training opportunities
- A safe place to work, uniform and PPE
Main Objectives of the role:
- Managing teams of direct labour and sub-contractors, whilst carrying out site audits of Engineers work, to ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies
- Ensuring that the results of inspection and testing are accurately recorded on the documentation required
- Ensuring Health & Safety processes are adhered to on site through site inductions, PPE and reporting of near misses
- Ordering and stock management of electrical materials
- Customer liaison
- Ability to undertake NICEIC assessment to obtain or already have Qualifying Supervisor (QS) status
- 18th Edition
- 2391, 2394/2395 Inspection & Testing
- NVQ Level 3
- Full, clean UK driving licence and access to own vehicle
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, to allow you to deal with complaints and challenges in a calm and professional manner
- Prioritisation skills and flexibility required in order to meet commitments and deadlines
- Social housing experience and testing in domestic properties
Desired qualifications (however, we can support you to get these, if required):
- Asbestos Awareness Training
- ECS card
- DBS check
As an equal opportunity employer, working inclusively across the organisation, we believe that our different abilities and backgrounds make us stronger so please don’t hesitate to apply.