The responsibilities of this Electrical Site Supervisor role include overseeing Decent Homes electrical work and site electricians, helping the QS in checking the electrical certificates and ensure that electrical company safety rules are followed.
- Conduct routine quality audits to ensure work is progressing per specifications.
- Performing various managerial duties such as ordering supplies, preparing reports, and maintaining an effective filing system
- Support construction management in emergency repair and restoration of systems.
- Implement procedures to improve process efficiency and reduce project duration.
- Train and promote continued education for all onsite crew
- Workmanship audits for both electrical installers and testing engineers
- Direct team members to certain areas so everyone always knows what they are supposed to get done
- Ensure work are accomplished according to industry/contract specification standards
- Working closely with the electrical managers for ensuring an immaculate delivery of the electrical works across the business
- Provide technical guidance to the team on installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems
- Help with recruiting, training, and improving the electrical personnel
- Fault finding and repair issues unable to be dealt with by the electricians
- Investigating, recording in the electrical log book and reporting to the electrical manager
Key skills & Competencies
- Fully qualified electrician (2391 or equivalent is a must, 17th/18th edition and Level 2/3 in Electrical Installations)
- The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years’ proven experience on Decent Homes sector within a similar role
- Minimum 2 years proven experience on testing electrical installations
- Knowledge of the principles and methods (e.g., sequences of installations, coordination with other trades, wire pulling, rating of equipment) used in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems and components
- Car owner and UK driving license
- Strong eye for technical specifics and potential trouble spots
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office packages – Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communicator
- Loyal, excellent team player, trustworthy, enthusiastic and hardworking
- Willing to progress and improve current skills
- Ability to practice personal safety and vigilance in the identification of safety or security hazards to actively support a safe and hazard-free working environment.
- Strong leadership skills are required to oversee a team of workers and motivate them to be effective
Job Type: Full-time
Send your CV to email@example.com and one of our recruitment team members will be in touch with details.
The salary is negotiable depending on work experience.
PiLON are an Equal Opportunities Employer.