Salary range: £20,000 – £25,000
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
PiLON is an award-winning, multi-trade contractor, providing planned maintenance and refurbishments to buildings in the social housing sector across London, the South East, and the Midlands. We collaborate with our clients to deliver high-quality living, working, and learning environments.
Always striving to provide the best partnering solution for our customers, we recognise that it is the people in our business who make it all happen. We are committed to developing colleagues and enhancing their experience so they can thrive, collaborate, feel valued and show agility in delivering our commercial plan.
Due to growth, we are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and reliable Bids Assistant with great communication, common sense and attention to detail.
Why work with us? Here are some of the brilliant benefits you could get:
- 31 days of holiday per year, including Bank Holidays
- Very generous colleagues’ referral scheme – £1,000 reward for successful recommendations
- Discounts on supermarkets, restaurants, cinema, retail etc. via our Perkbox benefits app
- Access to wellbeing videos, articles and other tools and resources via Perkbox
- Personal and professional development training opportunities and much more…
Main Objectives of the role:
Providing professional and high-quality support to the Bid team throughout the tender process, ensuring all required documentation is produced to the highest standard of quality and accuracy, and within the required timeframe. The chosen candidate will achieve this through:
- Support in the creation and review of tender responses
- Track and respond to portal opportunities, clarifications and messages.
- Manage the diary including deadline reminders
- Provide administrative support to the Bid Team
- Manage the library of tender related information and photos
- Create and foster relationships between key contributors to bids submissions
- Assist the Bid Team in producing and formatting presentations
- Attendance at marketing events (resident events/conferences, etc.) where necessary
- Assist the Bid Team with other ad-hoc duties
- Professional and highly organised with strong time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have excellent communication skills, especially written English grammar, spelling & vocabulary
- Innovative / Creative approach to document building and presentation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, PowerPoint & Excel, generally IT minded
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to think and work pro-actively and creatively under pressure
- Knowledge of design software (Adobe Suite/ CorelDraw)
- Full driving license and car owner
- An interest in the construction/Social Housing sectors, with a willingness to keep up to date with industry trends, regulations, and legislation
As an equal opportunity employer working inclusively across the organisation, we believe that our different abilities and backgrounds make us stronger; please don’t hesitate to apply.